Welcome to the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the University of Florida!
We are glad you have decided to join our program. This webpage contains important links that will help introduce you to the ECE department and the University of Florida. These links include:
- The Graduate Guidelines: This booklet contains the rules and regulations of our degree programs. Please familiarize yourself with the part that applies to your degree.
- Fall 2016 ECE New Student Graduate Advising Information VIdeo by Cynthia Blunt
- A List of the Research Division Coordinators: Faculty members who can provide detailed information about the courses and research projects offered by their area.
- An Academic Calendar and Course Schedule, which lists important academic dates and course offerings for the semester. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly.
- Current ECE Graduate Student Page: This is where the latest information will be posted. Students should check this page regularly.
- ECE Graduate Orientation slides, from the August 18th orientation.
- List of ECE course syllabi
- Complete University list of current and past courses
All new graduate students are required to check in at the Student Services Office, 230 Larsen, starting August 3. Before checking in with Student Services, new students are expected to have read the Graduate Guidelines.
ECE will hold a general welcome orientation and division research presentations for all new ECE graduate students on August 18, 2016. You can find the video recordings from last year's general welcome orientation and division research presentations here.
Our contact information is listed below:
- General questions can be sent to the Graduate Academic Advisor (email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Larsen Hall 230). New students are required to sign-up for a general question and answer session with the graduate advisor and coordinator via the link sent to your email account. You will also need to visit Larsen 230 and sign-in as a first time student to get your picture taken and complete the honesty form.
- Dr. John Shea is the Graduate Coordinator and directs our graduate program. Dr. Shea's office is NEB 439. He is available to meet with current students who have questions about the degree program during regular office hours or by apointment. Dr. Shea does not handle any aspect of admissions - questions about admissions should be sent to email@example.com. Current students can email Dr. Shea at firstname.lastname@example.org or set up an appointment by texting or calling (352)575-0740. Dr. Shea's office hours for Spring 2016 are: Mondays 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM and Wednesdays 4:15 PM - 5:15 PM.
- ECE Payroll and Personnel Office (392-9742, email: email@example.com) is the office that will assist you to register for employment, for research assistantships, teaching assistantships, and fellowships. The Personnel and Payroll Office is located in Larsen Hall, room 226. If you have accepted a research or teaching assistantship for the Fall 2016 semester, you must present yourself in person to the Personnel and Payroll Office before August 16, 2016. Failure to do so will negatively impact your assistantship status.
We all wish you much success during your studies and beyond.
Other Important Links